Let’s start with the bad things first:
- I STILL don’t have internet service at home. We actually ended up cancelling our Telstra order cause you can only hear ‘within the next 24-48 hours’ so often. Horrible, horrible service! I don’t want anything to do with them anymore. We now ordered with someone else, and even though it’s not set up yet, the service has been much, much better. They actually called US and answered all of our questions asap. We are confident it won’t take much longer now.
- I have not finished a book. It’s been our first month in our new home and we still sometimes feel like we’re camping out here 😀 There’s just so much to do. We found out the old owner had given up on the property 10 years ago, so you can imagine there’s lots to do.. No time to sit down & just read.
- Here’s just some of the things that happened to us last month:
- our duck got eaten by a fox
- Mr. DZ accidentally cut the hose to the gas tank while cutting hedges, so we didn’t have hot water for 4 days
- Bushfires during the last week or so. We did not evacuate, but were close. Monday & Tuesday it was pretty smokey and we almost decided to leave. Now we’re fine. Horrible fires in Central Victoria though….
Now the good things:
- I did get a new phone (Oppo) and somehow my phone reception is better & I am able to at least hotspot & connect my laptop! This way I can at least blog & watch a little wrestling, woohoo!
- We got a dog
Let’s start with that – please meet Walter, our long-haired German Shepherd pup ❤
He is about 11 weeks now and mostly a good boy! Apart from when he chases poor Goosey. He still has to learn a lot, but is very clever. He knows sit already & waits for his food. Now if he started listening to his name, that would be great 😀 I start puppy school with him in the next week.
We didn’t do so much work in the house lately, but concentrated on the outside – the immediate garden around the house, the fruit trees, the chicken run & one of the paddocks. Lots of raking, cutting & cleaning, but it’s already looking heaps better!
Walter approves of the new chook shed! Our two girls seem a little lost in this big enclosure now though. They are loving it, but I think they need some company in the form of more chickens or ducks.
Mr. DZ cut back all the fruit trees on his last week off. And we harvested the last apples. Most of them had brown spots, but some were still nice! I can’t wait for next season 🙂 We did plant our lemon tree as well and will do the same with our orange, lime & olive.
That’s one of the paddocks. A donkey used to live here 😉
We will actually knock down the shed and make this a veggie patch. It’s the perfect spot for it. Future donkey will live somewhere else 🙂
My farm work is over since last week & I will have plenty of time now until November (yay!). This means I will get to work a lot on the property, but also fit in my reading & blogging.
..and gaming, I started Stardew Valley and am getting addicted! Until there’s a Story of Seasons for the Switch I will stick with it.
Still reading The Wolf in the Whale by Jordanna Max Brodsky. I enjoy it, but it is pretty slow. Apart from that I started listening to Seer of Sevenwaters by Juliet Marillier 🙂 I spend 2 hours in the car when I work & need a change from listening to music. Apart from that, I listen to wrestling podcasts. And I kinda enjoy driving, so it’s a good deal!
Hope you’re all doing well, I come by your blogs soon!
No Tanahashi today, but on a scale from1 (horrible!) to 10 (awesome!), how do you rate this beard?
I give it a solid 1.