I’ve seen this challenge mentioned on Mogsy’s blog and it came at exactly the right time.
Here are the details for the challenge:
- Runs January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2019 than you did in 2018.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be June 30, 2019, and the last update will take place on December 15, 2019.
And the levels of achievement:
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
This challenge is great for me, because I won’t have as much time on my hands this year to sit down and enjoy a book. I’ve been struggling with audio books – I just prefer to read – and this might give me the ‘kick’ I need to get into it again. I used to love audio books & plays when I was a kid! It will come in handy when I have things to do on our new property. I can work/renovate and still listen to a story.
For the start, I’d like to listen to one book a month. And then see from there.
Those are the first 2 audio books I chose:
I’m looking forward to it!