Hello dear readers! Today I decided to highlight this awesome video made by Super Eyepatch Wolf that I found on youtube.
Reasons for that:
- It’s Wrestemania week, which means, there’s Wrestling shows EVERYWHERE! I basically spend all of my free time watching it at the moment, I am so hype 😀 This time of the year always has Wrestling fans excited (by Tuesday I will probably be so over it and need a break!)
- It’s funny, it’s informative, and a history lesson as well.
- It is a great way to show non-Wrestling fans, who are interested, what it’s all about and why you like it.
- I can totally relate to it. We know it’s fake.. There’s nothing more annoying than a person making fun of you, because you like ‘Pro-Wrestling’ and asking ‘You know it’s all fake, right?!’ This video tells it as it it. Sure, it’s fake. The athletes are not really trying to hurt each other, they don’t hate each other. There’s not really an undead wizard called the Undertaker. It is predetermined, everyone plays a characters, it’s a show. But it is still real in the way that the athletes perform real moves & choreographies. The narrator calls it a ‘story’, in comparison to a ‘competition’, like UFC for example. Just like in a TV show or a movie, the actors/performers play fictional characters and try to convince us, that what we see is real. The video does a great job in highlighting, what is so awesome about Pro Wrestling and why we fans love it.
- Touches on the fact, that sometimes, reality bleeds into the fictional Wrestling world of Wrestling and you can’t tell what’s real and what isn’t. It’s much more complex than you think.
- From 20:00 onward the narrator talks about my favourite Wrestling story at the moment, which features a tag team called the Golden Lovers (Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi) and has been in the making since 2008. I am happy, that their talent and the long term story-telling gets the recognition it deserves!
If you are slightly interested in Wrestling, I can only recommend this video to you 🙂