2017 was a much, MUCH better year than 2016! In regards to my private life as well to reading & blogging.
2017 marks my first full year of blogging and I managed to keep posting regularly and met lots of lovely people with similar interests! As of now, I have 243 followers, something I never thought was possible! Thanks to everyone, who reads my posts, I really appreciate it 🙂 It keeps me motivated and makes blogging so much more fun!
In the start of 2017 I set myself the goal of reading 30 books. After I only managed to finish 27 books last year, I am happy to say that I read 40 books this year!
Here is what Genres I read:
- Fantasy: 33
- SciFi: 1
- Dystopian: 1
- Horror: 2
- Biography: 1
- Mystery: 1
- Graphic Novel: 1
As you can see, I mostly stuck with Fantasy this year. It’s what I am most comfortable with. I only sometimes need a break and squeeze in something different.
Interesting to note, that this was also the year of Re-Reads for me! 12 of those 30 were Re-Reads! I don’t regret doing it though. It does help, especially if you feel a reading slump coming. I only had one this year, towards the end.
Let’s give away some awards!
Top 3 Best Books of the Year
An ending to a trilogy, a sequel and a first part, what a good mix! For the first two I was super excited and I kinda knew I would love the books as they are 2 of my favourite authors, so that was easy. I read Brian McClellan for the first time this year and was very impressed with this series, the world he created, the wonderful characters and the magic!
Top 3 Worst Books of the Year
Nazis hiding under ice, boring characters, dragons who get slaughtered by humans and held like cattle – those book were not my cup of tea!
Biggest Surprise of the Year
Ii didn’t think I would enjoy a book that is written for kids so much. Great humour!
Also wins the award for worst ending to a trilogy ever.
Best Re-Read of the Year
I didn’t think it was possible to love Kaladin and Syl more, but IT IS! I didn’t even think Shallan was that annoying this time. Only when she was with Kaladin. Please stay away from him…
Do I have any bookish resolutions for next year?
A couple, but I am not dead set on reaching them, but it’s nice to have some ideas & guidelines.
Here they are:
- Read 40 books – Just like last year. I think that’s something I can manage again. I am also counting audio books and graphic novels.
- Catch up on sequels. There’s a couple of trilogies or series I haven’t continued yet but want to. I often pick first books instead. I want to read more sequels so I don’t forget what the previous books were about! 😀
- Re-Read. I enjoyed reading loved books again last year and want to continue doing so. When I am done with the Potters, I will concentrate on getting my J.V. Jones Re-Read done and continue with those books.
- Keep my TBR pile low. I am pretty good at that. I’d like it to be around 5. No lower than 2 and no higher than 6.
- Write more reviews. I was a bit lazy this year.
I hope you all had a lovely New Year’s Eve! We spent it at the beach with friends & family this year.