I saw The Orang-Utan Librarian do this tag and it looks like lots of fun so I had to steal it!
How does it work?
You pick 30 characters and write them on pieces of paper. There are 15 questions in total and for each one you randomly pick 2 names. Then you have to determine who would be up to the task or who would be ‘not good enough’.
Here we go:
(…I might have sneaked in some non-book characters^^)
1. You only have one more spot on your Spelling B team, who would you pick to complete your team?
Littlefinger (A Song of Ice and Fire) or the Luggage (Discworld)
…Well, at first I thought this is really not hard. The Luggage can’t talk and would probably only eat all the judges. And Littlefinger would cheat & sneak, so it’s a good asset! But then… only if Sansa is not the judge though. And you gotta keep your eyes on him all the time, as he might turn on your team.
2. Both characters want to kill you, which one would you kill first so you have a better chance of surviving?
Xena (Xena: The Warrior Princess) or Severus Snape (Harry Potter)
Uh, that is hard! I would probably have to kill Snape (Sorry!) and try to befriend Xena to become her sidekick. I think that’s the safest option. If it’s not working, I run, at least she doesn’t have a magic wand!
3. You’re on the bachelor/bachelorette an you’re down to these two characters, which one are you going to give your rose too?
Gregor Clegane (ASOIAF) or Vegeta (Dragonball Z)
Wtf! Apart from the fact, that both would not take part in this… No way I go close to Gregor! Vegeta at least is alive and has a softer side! Also, he’s ambitious, so he would probably NOT kill me, if I try to give him the rose.
4. You’ve been chosen for the Hunger Games, who would most likely volunteer in your place?
Jon Snow (ASOIAF) or Jareth, The Goblin King (Labyrinth)
Easy, Jon Snow is way too honourable! He couldn’t help himself. And of course he’d win the whole thing. Easily. Jareth would turn into an owl and fly away. He likes to watch people struggle, but not be part of it!
5. You’re stranded on an island. Which character would you sacrifice to engage in cannibalism?
Hagrid (Harry Potter) or Vin (Mistborn)
Look at how much MEAT there is on Hagrid!! Vin is way too skinny! And no chance I can grab her. Hagrid is easy, just set a trap and put some dangerous animal inside. He will come.
6. You’re the next DC/Marvel superhero (with your own tv show of course), who is your sidekick?
Anomander Rake (The Malazan Book of the Fallen) or Joffrey Baratheon (ASOIAF)
SURELY not Joffrey!! Only if I was an evil superhero. But maybe then – I am not sure I could stand this little sh*t. Anomander as a sidekick would be fun, if he stops whinging.
7. You’re a manager of an Avocado admiring company, who would you fire for lack of communication skills?
Karsa Orlong (The Malazan Book of the Fallen) or Paul Atreides (Dune)
Well, Karsa’s communication consists of grunting and killing people and Paul is way too clever and good with words^^. But try telling Karsa he’s fired! I’d have to fire Paul and hope he will take it well.
8. You’ve just finished a book in which your favourite character dies, which character is most likely to comfort you?
Kvothe (The Name of the Wind) or John Cena
There’s only one person, AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA! Hey, that’s his job, he’s good at making people feel better and at entertainment. Kvothe wouldn’t care.
9. Ugh, it’s high school. Who would most likely be part of the popular clique?
Goku (Dragonball) or Saruman (Lord of the Rings)
Oh, definitely Goku! He’s be the most popular kid at school, good at everything and you couldn’t even hate him for it, because he’s so nice & genuine. Saruman would be the grumpy, emo kid, sitting all by himself and plotting the end of the world.
10. The day has arrived; you’re finally a year older! Who would have the nerve to forget your birthday?
Rick Grimes (The Walking Dead) or Roland Deschain (The Dark Tower)
Rick is too busy reliving the same storyline over and over, so I’d pick him! Roland is distracted, but he does remember the important things. Like the face of his father AND my birthday 😉
11. You’ve just found an upcoming booktube star? Who would most likely be?
Nanny Ogg (Discworld) or Han Solo (Star Wars)
Booktuber? Non of them! But I’d say Nanny Ogg, would be a successful youtube star with her own cooking show! Random cameos by Greebo, Granny and the Ogg family. That would be fun! Han can just have a channel where he repairs old spaceships and has some banter with Chewie. I’d watch that as well.
12. Sleepover time! Unfortunately you can only invite one person, who would you invite?
Sandor Clegane (ASOIAF) or Allanon (The Shannara Chronicles)
Sorry, Sandor. I like you and I am sure it would be fun. But it’s gotta be Allanon. For reasons.
13. Bam, you’re pregnant. Who’s the father/mother?
The Undertaker or Mr. Wednesday (American Gods)
Ah well, isn’t that nice? A god or an undead wizard. Ugh. And both really old! Probably Undertaker, but only in a really cheesy storyline.
14. You’ve just written a super important text. Who would ‘see’ it, but not reply?
Logan (X-Men) or Darth Vader (Star Wars)
Darth Vader, I don’t think he’d really be able to text comfortably with those gloves and the mask is also a disadvantage! Also, he has stuff to do. Logan would probably reply, but take really long with the answer and delete everything a couple of times before he sends it off.
15. You’ve just woken up and it’s time for breakfast. Your mum’s been replaced by..who?!
Kaladin (Stormlight Archive – awesome art by zippo514) or Brock Lesnar
No, Kaladin can be anything, but not my mum! Momma Brock would be awesome – grilling you a steak for breakfast, yeah!
This was fun! Please feel tagged, I like to read more versions of this!! 😀