I saw this tag at Bookstooge’s Reviews on the Road and thought it was an interesting one! Even though I have no idea how the name came about 😀
I know, you shouldn’t give yourself awards.. but I do anyways 😀
1) Briefly explain your blogging style (where your favorite blogging spot/tools – as in, on the couch using your smartphone or something)
I can’t blog on my smartphone, that’s too much effort!
I do have 3-4 favourite spots to blog though.
- Outside in the garden on our Laptop.
- In our office using the computer. This is the easiest, as I have all of my documents or pictures on there and it’s the quickest.
- In the office at work. Especially Monday morning and sometimes on Tuesday. I am coming in early & doing all the invoicing & menues etc for the week before my shift starts. I mostly have some more time though and read some blogs and prepare a couple of posts. Yes, I can do that at work, it’s our own business 😀
- On the couch using our Laptop. Like I am doing now! Especially in the evenings, if Mr. DZ is watching something on TV and I would rather blog. So we can still spend time together haha
2) How do you manage your blogging time including blog reading time?
I read & comment whenever I have time to. Often when I am taking the bus to work I am reading through my followed blogs on my phone. I have the wordpress app which makes it pretty easy. My days off are mostly Wednesday and Thursday and that is when I write most of my post and schedule them for the following week. No further than the next Wednesday. If I don’t get to it, I also write some posts on Monday or Tuesday mornings. Whenever I am blogging I am also reading other blogs & commenting. I like to stay up to date!
I sometimes forget to check the few blogs I follow that are not on wordpress as they don’t appear in my app.
3) Who is your most read author?
Have a look here, this is still quite accurate. I just read some more Stephen King books now.
4) How did you come up with your blog name?
Brainstorming, really. I tried to have ‘Fantasy’ in my blog name which was hard, because everything was taken. Then I wanted ‘Imaginationland’, which is one of my favourite South Park episodes and would have been neat but that was taken as well!
I thought ‘There be dragons’ would be awesome as well, but that wasn’t available either (and not updated since 2011….) So I just thought of specific things I like to read about… I had wizards, dragons, demons, zombies, magicians, swords and some others. I decided to use Dragons & Zombies and am SO happy because I love that name now. I wasn’t sure at the start. But now I am! Also, I do like the short version ‘Deezee’ or ‘D&Z’ 😀
I chose a picture of my rabbits until I found something else, but I kinda stuck with it and one blogger even said she now calls them ‘Dragon & Zombie’ which I find super cute!
5) What keeps you blogging?
The fact that I enjoy it. I love doing tags like this one, writing reviews, summaries, silly posts or take part in challenges!
The fact that I know people out there are reading what I am writing! I was pretty insecure at the start, as English is not my first language and I thought no one would follow me because I was making stupid grammar/spelling mistakes! I am much more confident now and even shared my blog with some of my closest friends. Which I haven’t done before!
The fact that I found so many cool people all over the world who enjoy reading as much as I do and even like the same books! I found people who like Fantasy books AND Wrestling! Something I never thought I will 😀 Not many of my friends like reading and especially reading Fantasy. And the ones who do are in Germany.