I missed last week, so this is for the last 2 weeks.
- Lucifer’s Hammer by Larry Niven –> Strong start, got a bit boring in the middle, but picked up in the end and all in all it was definitely worth picking up.
- Calamity by Brandon Sanderson –> I did not like the ending. Maybe I am spoiled by Sanderson’s awesome writing and his ideas. But this just didn’t feel right. It felt like a let down and was too far-fetched if you ask me. I am glad I am done with this series though. Hope there are tons of new Sandersons getting published next year!
- The Bazaar of Broken Dreams by Stephen King
- City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin 229/598
- Rogues by GRRM & Gardner Dozois 201/909
- Dune by Frank Herbert 4/100%
I am not so sure anymore if I can really finish my Challenge. There’s still soo much too read and I am not into the short story collection at all at the moment. Also, I am pretty busy and couldn’t find a lot of time to read the last weeks.
But I finally started Dune and read the first 2 chapters. What the hell! What is this, where am I? What are those words? What’s a Bene Gesserit and why is the fat Harkonnen man so mean? I am trying but I don’t get a lot yet. Maybe I should do a read-along or something. That might make it easier to keep track. There are so many made-up words I don’t understand yet.